Sunday 19 May 2013

Nana and Grandad's Diamond Wedding Feast

This week is my Nana and Grandad's Diamond Wedding Anniversary - 60years married - amazing that they've put up with each other for so long! And yesterday we had a big party for them at my parents' house, with all the family, and extended family, and family friends, and family you didn't even know you had family... It was absolutely lovely and my grandparents had a great time. My Grandad's speech certainly brought a tear to the eye!!






Homemade Buffet Feast

My fantastic mum and auntie, along with help from Nana's butcher (ham and beef, a couple of homemade quiches and pork pies) and a couple of others, made an amazing feast for the 60guests. I could go on about how delicious each thing was individually, but it would take all night! So here are some photos for you to drool over... well done mum, even catering for 60 doesn't stop your culinary genius!!!




 
 
 


 

I didn't get home until Friday evening, so unfortunately didn't make very much of it. But I made four tray fulls of sandwiches Saturday morning which I had to include because every buffet needs a load of egg, prawn, and cheese sandwiches!






No comments:

Post a Comment